If you passed your car test prior to the 1st Jan 1997 you are given the C1 entitlement, however to upgrade your licence to a C1+E youare required to complete the process below 1-7.
The minimum age for this licence is 18 years old and you must hold a full Cat C1 and a Provisional Cat C1+E licence.
If you have passed the Cat C1 you only require the C1+E in your provisional section then go directly to the practical training and test.
1. Obtain the required application pack D2 & D4 (available from CTTS free). We only post them on receipt of a SAE.
2. Get your doctor or CTTS doctor to carry out the required medical completing the D2 form.
3. You complete the D4 provisional Cat C1+E application form.
4. You send both the D2 & D4 along with both parts of your existing licence to DVLA Swansea
There is NO FEE to pay and 10-15 working days later you should receive your new licence.
5. Study for the theory test, we can supply the training books and discs for a small fee (optional).
6. Pass the required theory test. The test is now a two part test and can be sat one after the other.
- Part 1 - 100 multiple choice questions (you must get 85 correct from the possible 100)
- Part 2 - Hazard perception 19 film clips from which you must correctly indicate developing hazards. In this part of the test you must achieve a score of 67 out of the available 100.
7. Having passed the theory/hazard perception tests you can now undertake the practical driver training. Train to the test standard and take the test.
On passing the test: you are licensed to drive any rigid lorry up to 7.5t towing a trailer up to a maximum combination weight of 12t. The trailer must remain within the rated towing capacity of the towing vehicle.